Fred Wilson, VC extrodonnaire at Union Square Ventures has published a list of the top 10 things he wants to see on his mobile.
I read down the list going ‘yeah, uh huh, yeah’ — and all sorts of companies and products were popping into my head.
Fred — the good news: A lot of the list is already available.
The bad news: Generally, some of what you want IS available but poorly implemented. As for Shazam for faces, Nokia have a recognition system in the works that will definitely do this with objects and possibly faces.
Here’s a few from Fred’s list:
1) Shazam for places – I blogged about this when I was in Scotland earlier this month. I met a company at TechStars yesterday that might be able to build it. I hope they do.
2) Shazam for people – same idea. even more possibilities for this one.
4) Handshake two mobile phones and share contact info – apparently coming soon to the iPhone. man we need a real app ecosystem for the blackberry.
5) Internet radio that can run in the background – internet radio is a killer app on mobile phones, but not if you can’t multitask while listening to it.
6) A bike odometer – i’ve got a bike odometer on both my road bike and mountain bike. the batteries have died and i am too lazy to replace them. i’d rather have a mobile app that i click at the start of my ride and the the end of my ride. lot’s of possibilities for this one.
If time permits, head over to his post and give him some suggestions.
I Twittered him on his 10th want:
10) the mobile phone e-ticket – an app that lets you check into your flight on your mobile phone (via the web) and downloads the ticket to your phone. the gate attendant scans your phone instead of the ticket.
This is exactly what ShopQwik does, especially in America where you can properly e-ticket.